Makes about 9 cups
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/3 Cups Onion, diced into about ¼” pieces (about 1 very large onion)
- 2 large Celery Stalks, preferably organic, diced into about ¼” pieces
- 1 Tsp. Cumin Seed
- 1½ Tsp. Ground Cumin Seed
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth or Water or a combination
- 3 Potatoes, peeled and diced into 1” chunks
- ½ Cup Santa Fe Ole’s Late Harvest Green Chile - Medium
- ½ Cup Santa Fe Ole’s Late Harvest Green Chile Strips - Medium
- 1 Cup Santa Fe Ole’s Green Chile Sauce - Mild or Medium
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- ¾ Cup Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- In a large sauce pan, heat 2-4 TBsp of olive oil over medium–high heat
- Add onion and celery and sauté until almost soft.
- Add cumin seed and ground cumin and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Add potatoes, broth, garlic, bay leaf, sugar and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for about an hour.
- Remove bay leaf. Transfer to a blenderand carefully puree until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- To serve, return to the pot and heat to almost a boil.
- Turn off heat.
- Stir in sour cream
- Sprinkle on chopped cilantro
Also great as a light main dish with a poached egg and grated cheese on top or with grilled, shredded chicken added.
Please stop by again. Thank you for your interest in our products!